How many pairs have you got?
Five good reasons to wear sunglasses.
- UV Protection - The sun’s harmful UV rays can lead to serious and in some cases long-term health issues
- Skin Cancer - 5% to 10% of skin cancer occurs around the eyes
- General Eye Comfort - The sun’s brightness and glare interferes with comfortable vision
- Dark Adaptation - Spending even a relatively short time in intense sunlight can hamper the eyes ability to adapt quickly to nightime or indoor light levels
- Blue-Light Protection (HEV high energy visible radiation) - Lenses can absorb the HEV, as accumulated exposure has been associated with AMD (age-related macular degeneration)
Sunglasses are an easy way to show off our identity, a moment to be unique, to look fabulous and feel great!
At Melina’s we stock Maui Jim sunglasses, which are available with or without your prescription. These offer the widest field of vision and block 100% of harmful UV rays while eliminating 99.9% of glare. All Maui Jim sunglasses have been recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation as an effective UV filter for the eyes and surrounding skin.
We also stock Longchamp sunwear. French luxury House Longchamp was founded in Paris in 1948 by Jean Cassegrain, and is still owned and run by the Cassegrain family today. Longchamp’s handbags, luggage and accessories have a worldwide reputation for craftsmanship and quality, which now extends to ready-to-wear, shoes and eyewear collections.
With offers on lenses, the facility to glaze most frames with tinted lenses is always available. So, if you fancy a hand-painted Ronit Furst or an extremely lightweight Silhouette rimless transformed into a sunglass then just pop in to the practice to discuss your options. One of our Dispensing Opticians will be glad to help.
Written on 2nd August 2018